Sunday, March 8, 2015

Congratulations!

SPRING FORWARD!  Remember Daylight Savings begins on Sunday, March 8.  Be sure to move your clocks forward an hour. I guess we will see how tired we are missing that extra hour of sleep.  Try really hard to keep your first graders bedtime.  As it gets lighter out at night, it seems to be harder to convince them that it REALLY is bedtime.  Then getting them up in the morning is pure agony!

Congratulations to Dalton and Lola!  They were the two top readers in our class for the read-a-thon.  They each received a 64-pack of crayons and a $10.00 gift certificate to Scholastic Book Clubs.  Way to go!  I am so impressed with how much our class read.  My favorite thing about first grade is seeing your children flourish into competent readers.

We will begin unit 5 in Lead 21 this week.  Our focus this unit is "What history can teach us".  The first week focuses on family history.  The students will have homework this unit about their family traditions and special days.  We will be working on plurals and adding -es in spelling.

I will be out of town Wednesday-Sunday.  My son was chosen to attend The First Tee 2015 Outstanding Participant & Leadership Summit in Dallas.  He was 1 of 28 participants chosen nationally.  I am very excited for him. Miss Lind will be my guest teacher.  She is the same one who covered for me earlier this year.  I should have access to email if you need to reach me.

The weather is suppose to be in the 60's this week.  Please make sure your child has a jacket available even if it seems warm.  Sometimes, it is still in the 30's & 40's when we go out for morning recess.  Also, the wind often comes up and it gets chilly!  Thanks for your support.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment