Sunday, March 2, 2014

It's March already! Oh my!


Does anyone know where the month of February went? Wait, I think we were all out shoveling snow and trying to stay warm! I cannot believe it is already March.  We have one more month and another report card will be coming home.

A few things for next week...

I will be at a training all day Monday, March 3.  Mrs. P, will be our guest teacher.

The read-a-thon is over and we will be having the awards assembly on Friday.  We had quite a few pledges and some kiddos who put in some serious reading time! Please send your envelope to school with your pledges.  Thanks!

We will be celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday with many fun activities, an all school drop everything and read time in the hallway, and a spirit day.  On Tuesday the students can dress as their favorite Seuss character.  For example, Fox in Socks-wear silly socks, The Cat in the Hat-wear a hat and/or red and white, The Lorax-wear a mustache.  On Wacky Wednesday, the entire school will spend 15 minutes reading silently in the hallway.  It should be a fun week.

In math, we are working on greater than, less than, and equal.  We also started adding 1 more, 1 less, 10 more and 10 less to any number less than 100.  In reading, we are focusing on fluency and being able to read sight words without sounding them out.  

I posted a Smilebox with some pictures from the 100th day of school.  It makes me laugh every time I watched it.  I was surprised at how many students actually dressed up.  Adorable!

Have a great week!  I can't wait for the warm weather.  

Wishing you well!

No comments:

Post a Comment